The Zhang Family - Theresa's Blog Site

Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Melanie

My friend Melanie is pregnant again. Today she went to have an ultrasound, hoping to find out the sex of her baby when they told her that the baby might have the same problem as before. The same problem that killed her last baby! The doctors told her that this was not a genetic problem and that it is rare and random, so it could never happen again. Now they tell her it might be happeneng again! I’m starting to think doctors don’t really know anything, or maybe they just tell us what we want to hear!  This whole thing makes me sad and angry! Between me and my friends Melanie and Suzie, I’m starting to wonder if we will ever have kids. I have lost 2 ( 12 weeks and 28 weeks). Melanie lost 1 (born, lived 14 hours) now she might lose another. Suzie lost 1 (around 20 weeks) and hasn’t been able to get pregnant since (trying for several years now). I’m getting scared to try again too because the doctors are telling me the same thing as what they told Melanie ("Oh chances are that this will never happen again"), and now I don’t know what to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment