The Zhang Family - Theresa's Blog Site

Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

D&C

I started to miscarry on Friday night and I was thinking, well, at least this way I won’t need a D&C. – I was wrong. -On Monday I had an appointment to see my doctor, so I went in, just expecting to tell her that I had miscarried over the weekend so I wouldn’t be needing the D&C. Well, she was a bit concerned because I said that I was still cramping, so she wanted to check me. She found that some tissue had gotten stuck in my cervix and that was causing the cramping, so she said that I would need a D&C ASAP. Since I had eaten in the morning they had to schedule me for later in the day.
This D&C was as much fun as I had remembered -lol- First they drew blood, for what I’m not sure since I had just had blood drawn at the clinic earlier that day, telling me, that this way I wouldn’t need blood drawn at the hospital. They were wrong, the hospital still wanted blood. 

Then when they went to put in the IV I told them that I didn’t want it in my hand, since it hurt so bad the last time, so they put it in my wrist instead, but it wasn’t running right, I found this out when they tried to flush the system on my way into the surgey. -It was quite painful! So once I got into the surgery room they decided to put in a diffferent IV, in my hand this time, which still didn’t work. They kept saying that I had small veins in my hands and wrist. In the end they ended up just using the same vein that they used to draw my blood (on he inside of my elbow) which is a great vein!  I wondered why they didn’t just use it in the first place! Later I found out that it isn’t as "convenient" for the Anesthesiologist! So now I have a bruised left hand and a bruised right wrist, for no apparent reason what-so-ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment