The Zhang Family - Theresa's Blog Site

Blog Archive

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Way behind!

I just checked and I can't believe I haven't updated this blog since May! Wow I'm behind! Anyway I have a lot to catch up on, first off, Tyler now has a friend, his name is Wesley and he lives across the street. Those 2 played together all summer, mostly outside, mostly barefoot. They play together, they fight together, they are together so much they are practically bothers -;) I am very happy that Tyler now has a consistent friend to play with, I think it's good for him. 


















Next matter of importance...China - We scheduled our trip this year in September. This trip was definitely better than our last, particularly since Tyler wasn't sick this time! I had some issues with heartburn for over a week, but after coming home I haven't had any problems since, so all I can figure is I was having trouble with the food. We stayed at Chun's brothers apartment again this year. We took Tyler to a fun place in the mall a few times (4 times actually) and on his birthday we took him to that amusement park again. He had so much more fun this year too, because he wasn't sick, but also due to being a bit older. He was excited for the rides and kept wanting to go on more, which is great until you want to leave -:) While in China this year we also managed to buy a mountain, yep, a mountain! -lol- And we took a high speed train to Dandong where we saw North Korea! My husband's niece goes to school in Dandong and it was suggested that we go visit her, and over there is the river that divides China from North Korea. I thought it would be cool to see, mostly just so I could say I had seen North Korea We heard they had boat tours that take you close to the border, so we rented a speed boat tour (which Tyler loved) Well, I was filming us going down the river when we were informed that we had to stop filming since we were entering North Korean! We had no idea the boats were allowed to do that! Apparently the tour people pay a fee or fine or something to be allowed to do this. We saw some Korean soldiers along the riverside, not 20 feet away, machine guns and all! - There was actually one spot that they let us take pictures, where they didn't have any soldiers or army boats, etc... so I did get a video of a woman washing her laundry in the river (wow, talk about being poor), but hey, I can now say I've actually been to North Korea!






Next...Tyler's birthday - For his birthday this year he chose an angry birds cake (we were still in China) then when we came back home we took him to Toys-R-Us to choose himself a birthday present (he chose the talking Avenger toys). He's still a very big boy! He measured 3'7" tall and 43 lbs 2 oz, which makes him 97% on weight and off the chart on height! Doctor said that basically if we compared him to 100 kids his age, he would likely be the tallest. :)
Next thing...Halloween - This year Tyler was planning to be Iron Man again, that is until we went to the Halloween store and Tyler found a Hulkbuster costume. We ended up buying the smallest size they had which said size 4-6, but it was huge! This thing could probably fit a 8-9 year old! I had to do a lot of modifying, but Tyler got to be the Hulkbuster in the end! He chose my outfit for me as well, he picked out a Spiderwoman costume for me. Tyler actually drew his own pumpkin this year - I loved it! Personally I think his pumpkin was the best of all!


















Anyway, I finally updated my blog now, this is basically just a summary of the last 6 months, but hey, if I were to fill in everything I'd have a novel here, so this will have to do for now anyway. Life has become quite busy now with a 4 year old, we have play time with friends, preschool, gymnastics, library story time and other fun places we visit. I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment