The Zhang Family - Theresa's Blog Site

Blog Archive

Friday, August 7, 2009

Update

I started spotting last weeek, not a lot but enough to make me worry. So on Friday I went to the doctors office. They said since I wasn’t very far along that the only way to tell if the baby is alright is to have a blood test and then another 48 hours later. They compare the HCG levels, they say that in 48 hours the levels should double. So I had blood drawn on Friday and again on Sunday. On Monday they told me that the baby is alright, but my progesterone level is a bit low, so I am now taking progesterone pills. Those pills really mess me up, it’s almost like being drunk. I have to take these pills twice a day.
   
Anyway, I went in for an ultrasound today. The doctor and I both thought I should be about 6 and a half weeks, but according to the ultrasound I’m only about 5 and a half weeks. This has me a bit worried, but the doctor says this happens sometimes. The problem is that at 5 weeks they can’t see the blood flow to know if the baby is alright, so she wants to do another ultrasound next week. She thinks though that if I truly am only 5 weeks it explains all my problems, this would explain why my progesterone level is showing a bit low and the spotting would just be implantation blood. She did tell me to keep taking the progesterone pills for now though, just to be safe
 
I am still a bit worried though, cuz my periods have always been accurate, so I still don’t know how I could be so far off. My last two pregnancies I predicted within a day, but for now I guess I just have to trust the doctor and hope for the best.
 

P.S. – I’m not going to change my tickers until I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment